Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Barbara and Laurie's 1923 Model 16H Norton


These magnificent photographs were sent to me by Judith Taylor and they depict her parents on their 1923 16H Norton. Judith: "Regarding the motorcycles, I don't think that there is much of a story really. My parents (Barbara and Laurie) would have been engaged at the time. My father was always a keen enthusiast for 'wheels', but probably could not afford a car just then. My mother always said that she did much of her courting on a motorbike"

Registration OK9675 was issued in Birmingham between January 1922 and July 1923 which confirms my guess that the Norton is a 1923 model. The 16H looks quite new in the picture below. The thing protruding from the top of the handlebars is almost certainly a personal mascot; a doll, gnome, pixie or even a policeman as it seems to be wearing some sort of helmet!


No comments:

Post a Comment